1) For 3rd thru 6th grades, two 12 minutes stop-clock halves.
2) 5-minute warm-up time(minimum)
3) 3-minute halftime
4) 3 Timeouts per game. 1 additional timeout per overtime.
5) 5 Fouls per player
6) All Overtimes are 2 minutes. Sudden Death after 2 OT's. *In a State Championship game teams will play in as many Overtimes as it takes to determine a winner, no sudden death.
7) No pressing or trapping with a 25-point lead
Ball Size: 4th – 6th grade boys will use a 28.5 ball , unless by mutual agreement between both coaches to use 29.5 ball.
*Each team is required to bring a game ball to each of their games, officials will decide which ball will be used.
Uniform Colors: Teams listed on left of schedule (or listed on top of bracket) are Visitors and will wear dark. Teams listed on right of schedule (or listed on bottom of bracket) are Home and will wear light.
4-Game Guarantee: All tournament teams will play at least 4 games.
- As per NFHS rules, teams must start play with 5 players.
- If a team does not have 5 players on the floor within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time. The final score will be recorded as 15-0. *Teams can still play i.e. 4 on 5 if they so choose however it will still be recorded as a forfeit and final score of 15-0.
-PLEASE NOTE: Any No-Show Forfeits will also be invoiced for the prorated amount of team entry fee. Any unpaid invoices may prevent team or any teams in same program from participating at State until payment is received.
- As per NFHS rules, if a forfeit is ruled by officials during a game, then the final score shall be the score at the time of the forfeit (if the teams that wins by forfeit was is in the lead at the time of the forfeit), or the final score will be recorded as 2-0 if the teams that wins by forfeit was tied or trailing at the time of the forfeit.
Pool Standing Tiebreakers
3-Team and 5-Team Pools Tiebreaker to determine place of finish:
1. Number of Wins
2. Head to Head result
3. Point Differential (Includes ALL pool play games, up to 15 points max per game)
4. Points Allowed (Includes ALL pool play games)
5. Points Scored (Includes ALL pool play games)
6. Coin Flip
4-Team Pools Winner of both games is 1st place
For the two 1-1 teams 2nd place goes to the tie breaker which is(in order) head to head, point differential, points against, and points scored
Loser of both games is 4th place
* Note: 4-team pools within an 8 team division are different and use Round Robin play to determine pool finish. In the event of a tie in one of these pools then the 3-Team Pool Tiebreakers listed above are used.
Participant Conduct: The State Basketball Championship committee reserves the right to eject any player, coach, official or spectator from a facility for objectionable behavior.
Scorekeepers: State Basketball will provide staffing for the book and the clock.
Referee Complaints: Coaches: Please address any officiating disputes in a professional manner with your game's designated Court Supervisor and be a great role models for your players. Parents: If you have an issue with a referee, you must direct it through your coach.